Thursday, October 06, 2005

An update on the fashion world

So I´ve been shopping around some and every time I walk into a store I get a little jolt of terror that the worst of every 80´s fashion has come back with a vengence. Not only are tapered pants to be seen in all the stores but worse yet...MC hammer pants. Which I´ve also started calling Maja pants because one of my friends of that name has a pair that she wears all the time. It is a sad state of affairs here. Another curious trend I´ve seen is girls wearing those tall boxing shoes that look completely idiotic but apparently no one has bothered to tell them. There is a lot of really nice clothes here as well, just certain stuff that looks really bad. It is also really popular to have english sayings on your clothes that make absolutely no sense for example: We are in the magic forest. I have no idea what that is supposed to mean but it was on a shirt at one of the most popular stores here. The funniest is when they use horrible grammar because then it makes even less sense.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyn said...

Give us some examples of the grammar goofs. :-) Lyndon

12:57 PM  
Blogger Aly said...

Hey Em, the improper and often times inappropriate "Konglish" on shirts is in Korea as well. I bought a shirt the other day that says "Are you Lonely? (picture of banana) Have a banana". How random is that? Hope you're having fun. Miss you! Love, Aly

6:33 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

Ahh! The things that qualify for fashion! I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder. The "bohemian look" is still going strong back here at home and I must confess, I kinda like it. :) Bonnie Bing would think that since I wore it in the 70's I might be just a wee bit too old to be wearing it the second time around. I say... too bad, I like it! Now for my pet peeve involving elementary age fashion; parents who let their kid dress like the "bad boy" (all black, spiked hair etc.) or the slut!! Elementary? Come on! I know the kids aren't picking out and paying for their own clothes. Give me a break!
Love ya' and miss ya'. xxxxxooooo

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home